Monday, April 23, 2012

Transmogrification Week: Day 1 - Cloth

Welcome to the first of five transmogrification installments this week. Think of it as Power Word: What?'s Fashion Week (or the week after which Kal completed exams and is now bored to tears). Essentially, each post this week will showcase different armour classes and various transmog sets that I've designed, with some advice from my editor, Serrinne.


This week's schedule:
Day 1: Cloth
Day 2: Leather
Day 3: Mail
Day 4: Plate
Day 5: Matching to a certain item: Sets I've created on request

First up, we'll be looking at an assortment of cloth transmog sets that I've put together. To see the items on WoWHead, click on Item List beside each set.
Without further ado...



Outfit #1: Kaleri's current transmog set

These shoulders have been a favourite of mine since I first crafted them in BC. I decided I'd like to build a set around them, and to my surprise there were plenty of matching pieces, even though they aren't within the same "set".

Item List
Shoulders: Mantle of Nimble Thought
Chest: Mystical Armor
Gloves: High Councillor's Gloves
Belt: High Councillor's Sash
Legs: Twisted Leggings
Boots: Imbued Netherweave Boots
Main Hand: Gavel of Pure Light
Off Hand: Eerie Stable Lantern
Cloak (Optional):  Drape of the Violet Tower

Many cloaks are an option to you here; Regal Cloak, Ornate Cloak, Wanderer's Cloak, etc. Try to experiment with various colours to make it your own.





Outfit #2

Based off a similar look, I wanted to build a set around the healer's version of the previous sets shoulders. I chose elements of blue and gold, and was quite pleased with the end result.


Item List
Shoulders: Swiftheal Mantle
Chest: Regal Armor
Gloves: Mistscape Gloves
Belt: Regal Belt
Legs: Archaeologist's Dungarees
Boots: Mistscape Boots
Main Hand: Royal Scepter of Terenas II
Off Hand: Heartbound Tome
Cloak (Optional): None

A simple cloak like the Bonelink CapeShawl of Shifting Probabilities and Cloak of the Devoured would both work well here.







Outfit #3: 

As I was browsing through MogIt, I came across the Gossamer Robe. I generally prefer trousers on my priest now that we can 'mog into having them, but something about this robe stuck with me. I crafted a set with pieces from Tier 5 and Tier 8 that I'm quite satisfied with.

Item List
Shoulders: Conqueror's Mantle of Sancification
Chest: Gossamer Robe
Gloves: Gloves of the Avatar
Belt: Dawnspire Cord
Legs:
Boots: Ringo's Blizzard Boots
Main Hand: Warmace of Unrequited Love
Off Hand: Lamp of Peaceful Radiance
Cloak (Optional): Ornate Cloak

Any boots with a white/gold colour will work just fine with this outfit.





Outfit #4:

Finally, we come to my favourite set of the four. The robe is similar in style to the Gossamer Robe, but instead has black and gold accents; the Robe of Ash. I knew I had to create something with this robe as the focal piece and this is the result:


Item List
Shoulders: Mantle of Dying Light
Chest: Robe of Ash
Gloves: Deathslik Gloves
Belt: Belt of Blasting
Legs:
Boots: Ringo's Blizzard Boots
Main Hand: Scalpel of Unrelenting Agony
Off Hand: Imbued Draenethyst Crystal
Cloak (Optional): Cloak of Unforgivable Sins

Similar to #3, any boots with similar colouring will match. As before, swapping cloaks until you find one you like is recommended.










Thanks for taking the time to check out today's transmog sets. If you enjoyed this look at some cloth transmogs, check back tomorrow for the next installment of armour: Leather!


4 comments:

  1. Ooh, nice job on all the sets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particularly like what you put together on the first set. I've been working on collecting the mystical and regal sets myself. I haven't quite figured out how to use Mogit to it's full potential so I find it difficult to mix & max - I guess I need to look up some video's on it. Anyway great job, can't wait to see the next installments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like the sets :)

      You can set filters in MogIt to show you items with specific colours, that's helped me quite a bit in my searches for certain pieces.

      Delete