Monday, July 11, 2011

Healing Webring 2.0!

I wasn't around for the first incarnation of this, but I was tagged by Kurnmogh over at Kurn's Corner for this round of questions!

Here we go!

1. What is the name, class and spec of your primary healer?
Kaleri, discipline priest.

2. What is your primary group healing environment (i.e. raids, pvp, 5 mans)
25-man raids, Rated Battlegrounds, and recently Arenas.

3. What is your favourite healing spell for your class, and why?
This is a tough one... I'd say Penance, just because to me, that's the spell that most represents a disc priest. You see penance go off, and you know that person is discipline.

My second thought was Leap of Faith, though technically it's not a healing spell. It's incredible for things like Atramedes - pulling your gong ringer just a little further or pulling someone so that you can have extra seconds between gongs; I've used it to pull tanks further from Riplimb's spear point to help increase time for the bleed to drop. It's uses are many!

4. What healing spell do you use least for your class, and why?
Heal. I used to use it a lot, but now in raids it just doesn't cut it.

5. What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class, and why?
Versatility. Any priest can (and should be able to) heal the raid or heal tanks or support heal and do both. Priests are incredible in that they have two viable healing specs. There's even specs within specs for discipline where you take Archangel/Atonement and some that you don't.

We also have a TON of cooldowns to use. Discipline specifically has Power Infusion, Pain Suppression and Power Word: Barrier and Holy has Guardian Spirit and Lightwell. Both specs have Divine Hymn, Hymn of Hope and Leap of Faith. Just look at all that utility!

6. What do you feel is the biggest weakness of your healing class, and why?
Hmm...  As discipline specifically I'd say I feel weakest when I have to move and heal. Particularly because I tank heal, and Greater Heal is my mainstay spell. I use Shield, PoM, the occasional renew if the tank and I need to move, but in general if the tank is moving my train of thought goes something like this; "Greater he- oh shit move, greater- oh moving again, Shield, PoM, great- fuck, moving."

7. In a 25 man raiding environment, what do you feel, in general, is the best healing assignment for you?
Tank healing, without a doubt. It's something that I love doing, and I feel like I'm pretty damn good at it.

8. What healing class do you enjoy healing with most, and why?
Druids. When we were healing Heroic Chimaeron and I was paired with a resto druid to heal the tanks, I felt extremely comfortable knowing that the MT had Lifebloom and other HoTs, so I could focus on the Double Attack tank with my bomb heals.

In general, a good resto druid makes me feel like my tank will be safe if I miss a beat!



9. What healing class do you enjoy healing with least, and why?
Another disc priest. I hate it. Shields can be sniped off my tank (which effs my Rapture tracking), Barriers can "collide" and CDs like PS and PI can overlap if not co-ordinated properly.


10. What is your worst habit as a healer?
Not paying enough attention to my own assignment. I have a tendency to "help" when I think the group is in trouble and sometimes it costs me because my tank will die.

11. What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while healing?
Another priests shields on my tank (holy or disc), people calling out for heals (duh, I can SEE you're taking damage), watching people die to stupid, avoidable shit.

12. Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other healers for PvE healing?
Yes. Discipline is in a great place right now! With the change to crit in 4.2, we really lucked out. Disc can keep up with raid healers or we can smash the healing done with being assigned to one tank. Partly because DA is totally hax now, and partly because of the crit change to heals in 4.2.


13. What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer?
I use WoL (World of Logs). I use it to check my own cooldown usage for Power Infusion, Pain Suppression, and Power Word: Barrier. I also use it to check for potions, shadowfiends and mana return from Rapture.

14. What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class?
That disc priests can't raid heal and holy priests can't tank heal. Sure, Holy has great burst AoE healing to top a group back up via CoH and a Serendipity'd PoH and sure, Disc has mitigation and bomb heals for single target healing, but that doesn't mean one spec can't do what the other one can.

15. What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn?
How and when to use all the cooldowns we have available to us. A lot of people are afraid to use cooldowns because they might need them later, but how silly would you feel if your cooldown never got used and someone died?

16. If someone were to evaluate your performace as a healer via Recount, what sort of patterns would they see? (i.e. lots of over healing, low healing output, etc)?
Lots of Greater Heal, probably a decent chunk of overheal with Gheal as well. Lots of cooldown usage of PI on myself, PS on the tank and Barrier too!

17. Haste or Crit, and why?
When 4.2 dropped, I was all about Crit. I recently swapped to a little more haste, and I feel much more comfortable with my GHeal casts. I'd have to say between the two stats there isn't one that I value WAY more than the other.

18. What healing class do you feel you understand least?
Shaman. I have one at 85, and she's geared enough for heroic dungeons but I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing on her anymore. (How the fuck to shaman regen mana for instance? JFC)

19. What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in healing?
Grid+Clique, my "must have" for healing. I have Macros set up for Power Infusion and Pain Suppression so I don't tag the wrong people. I also have a few keykinds for things like Barrier and Mass Dispel.

20. Do you strive primarily for balance between your healing stats, or do you stack some much higher than others? Balance. For the main stats, I use Intellect as my main gearing stat.

For the three secondary stats, I find that the stats for Discipline are very synergistic.
Mastery increases the size or our shields, Crit increases the chance you'll get DA on your tank and Haste means you can pump out more heals which gives you more chances to crit!

No comments:

Post a Comment